Netgain’s Infrastructure as a Service is designed for healthcare organizations that prefer to keep their information technology infrastructure on-site. This offering allows organizations to enjoy the benefits of a dedicated cloud solution with the performance and control of an on-site solution.
Who benefits from Infrastructure as a Service?
Based on our experience, some characteristics of organizations that see results with IaaS include:
- Small to mid-size community hospitals and health systems
- Mid-size to large long-term care facilities
- Healthcare systems that want to virtualize their IT infrastructure
- Organizations that want standardized, best practice, enterprise level IT without the costs
When do organizations decide to use IaaS?
Organizations most often look to IaaS when:
Why do organizations use IaaS?
Here are some of the top reasons why our clients say they use IaaS:
- Lack telecom in rural area to outsource
- Need instant performance on-site to transmit large files like PACS images
- Don’t want the capital expenses of new servers
- Can’t find or retain qualified IT staff
- Lack sufficient physical space at their location
- Fear data loss, security concerns with ePHI, or compliance issues
- Desire technology as an operating expense, rather than a capital expense
- Desire a scalable and flexible environment – they only pay for what they use
- Want a predictable monthly fee, based per user
- Can focus on more strategic IT initiatives rather than daily IT operations